Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Zumba workout, Deep Red and Dark Water

OMG I love Zumba!
Just came back from the gym, I had a serious session! It's tough to keep up with the fast pace, my heart was pumping very very fast, but Alhamdulillah I resisted until the end and I had a GREAT time! I am sure I am going to see great results on my body very soon.
I changed so much, years ago I used to be such a loner, very antisocial and always on my own and I was dreading group work out at the gym. Now I am just the opposite, I find it way more stimulating to have these group sessions, as everybody tries to do one's best to keep up with others, which makes it easier to push onself to the max. I love it!
In fact I can't wait for the next zumba class. I will become a lot more flexible and less stiff, not mention I will probably go down one dress size, which is good too.


back from the gym after an intense work out
I see that they have many different classes, I want to try most of them, I am very curious about body combat, I am going to try it out soon.

Yesterday I watched Profondo Rosso, "Deep Red" as it is called in English.



I must say that the first part of the film is more like a thriller than a horror film, but then as the film evolved it got more scary and gory. It is not very easy to scare me these days but I could tell why I got so scared when watching it as a child. Cool, I am happy I bought it. It brings some early childhood memories back.

I also watched "Dark Water" again, the Japanese film...it is really good!

I have a weak spot for Asian films, especially horror films. They are so well done!
Dark Water is pretty original as well. It's cool to see what a good film can be made with just 2 main characters, an old apartment and very little effects. It plays on the psyche and that is what makes a film scary. The acting was fantastic!
The main character, Yoshimi played by Hitomi Kuroki
was brilliant...so beautiful and very classy, you could read every emotion on her face...fantastic actress!! Very good for dramatic roles.

Hitomi Kuroki
 



The little girl in the film playing Ikuko, played by Rio Kanno, was so lovely!! I wish I had a daughter that beautiful and talented! You never know...one day inshAllah! :)

Ikuko and Yoshimi

 I loved her hair...from this recent picture of her, we can see she is still sporting her awesome bob!
Lovely girl!
Rio Kanno

 

No comments:

Post a Comment