Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Working out for that perfect body!

I just LOVE my new gym! To subscribe was the best decision I ever made. I got completely addicted to it and now I can really see the benefits of having a large, comfortable and stimulating gym that really is an invitation to spend as much time as possible there.
I basically work out every day, very rarely I skip one day, only if I am not feeling well and my body needs recovery, otherwise I am at the gym every single evening.
I have been combining cardio, weight lift machines, swimming and Zumba fitness and in only 20 days I have already seen some great results! I lost one size, my tummy got a lot flatter, my waist smaller and my arms and legs are much  more toned. It is awesome to be able to see such results, it really makes you push harder.
I also tried Yoga last week and it was a really good and magical experience. It didn't really feel like a work out, as it was more like stretching, but it felt really good. It was very relaxing and some positions we did made me move some muscles in my back that I normally do not use, since a car accident I had when I was 19.  It felt like it activated some energy and some dormant parts of my body...I can't wait to have more Yoga classes! I am sure I will benefit from it and become a lot more flexible. I really need it as I feel kind of stiff at times, although I got a lot better since I started to work out at this new gym.
Today I bought some soy protein to be used as post work out shakes. I definitely do not have enough protein intake as I do not eat meat and I tend to avoid diary products, hopefully this will help me to facilitate muscle recovery. 

They had so many different kinds of proteins and I wasn't sure which one to choose. I know soya should be avoided as it is highly inflammatory, so I really hope this doesn't happen with this product, as it is proteins only, not the whole soya.  I just read a very scary article about it...if soy is genetically modified it can be really harmful!
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/08/the-dirty-little-secret-hidden-in-much-of-your-health-food.aspx
I am really scared of trying it out now. They say the one I bought is a safe brand...but I am still scared, they lie so much to sell products and the food industry these days can not be trusted.
I just heard the other day that the best way to lose weight is to do squats and lift weights. I always avoided weights as I thought I just wanted to burn fat and get toned not actually build muscles, but they told me that the best way to achieve my goal is to get more muscles as muscles burn fat much faster! I didn't know that!
So now I am going to change my work out routine and start with new exercises that will help me achieve my goals. Tomorrow I have a session with a personal trainer and to be honest I cannot wait to see what exercises she is going to recommend me!
I also started to get to know some people at the gym, which is great. After working out we normally meet up at the Spa and chill together.
Yesterday I over did it though. I got stuck in the sauna for too long and when I went out I almost passed out. It was a horrible feeling. I am going to be more careful from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment