Saturday, October 19, 2013

Work out update!

Wow! I am really satisfied with my fitness journey!
I have been working out everyday this week and although I am still far from reaching my goal, I am really satisfied with my commitment to it.
I totally got addicted to my new gym, it becomes like a drug and it is like never enough!
Yesterday I had a lovely yoga session and I must say that I became much more flexible and stronger than the first time! I was doing the exercises much better and I came home all relaxed and full of positive energy. There is something so mystical about yoga, by the geometric alignment in every position that really makes you body-aware. It really feels like some kind of magic! If people would practise it a bit more there would definitely be less aggression and frustration around.
We repeated some exercises that we did the time before, which I found challenging during my first lesson but this time I did them so much better!


Incredible how my body adjusted to these new positions in such a short time!
I also changed my routine at the gym, trying new settings on the machines and doing different exercises that I had never done before...it felt really good!
For instance as far as cardio on the cross trainer I tried a different technique today, copying one of my gym friends who is really fit...I lowered the level which allowed me to move a lot faster (which is really good for the circulation) and did more minutes than I normally do. The calories burn was actually higher this way, but I wonder if this is going to affect the "after burn" ?
I also did some squats with the barbell today! I used only 10 kg as I don't have much strength and most of all I need to learn how to perform squats correctly so that I don't injure myself. It felt really good! I am going to work more with resistance training from now on as I really need to build some muscles in order to burn more calories!
I am excited about these new exercises and possible effects on my body!
I can't wait to see the results. I also been taking that soya protein I bought the other day. I feel less exhausted when I take it and so far I haven't seen any side effect...maybe because I only have been using it for a few days and it is too early. Let's see what happens!
Can't wait to go back to the gym tomorrow! Happy work out everyone!
By the way here is a nice video about squats I found on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment