Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Abs hurt but it is all good!! :)

Had a fantastic session yesterday at the gym with my new gym buddy Alina!  She really made me work hard and to be honest I never saw my face that red before unless it was after some intense cardio training!
My t-shirt was actually all sweaty as well! We worked on legs and abs, had also two squats sessions and I must say today I can feel the effects of all that hard work! Especially in my abs.
It is incredible to see the immediate results of resistance training, I really think that by the end of January I should be in really good shape! I wish I had started lifting weights years ago...all those hours at the gym with little results for many years just because I was doing the wrong kind of exercises for my goal...or at least I thought that cardio was the best way to burn calories...well now I know that weights are actually the best and most effective ways to burn stubborn fat!
I am not gonna be satisfied until I see that line on my stomach that I always wanted to have, which shows the muscles underneath!
That is my ultimate goal with this training I am doing.
After that tough session with Alina I even had one hour of Yoga. The beginning of the class was awesome, relaxed me a lot and made me stretch good. Half way through the class though I started to feel some weakness, especially in my arms (depending on the positions we were in). There was a particular exercise of arms balance that I really couldn't do. Well I guess 3 Yoga classes are not going to cut it, I am not trained enough.
This was the position we were supposed to do.

Now dont let the smile of this woman in the picture fool you. This is NOT an easy position to do for someone like me who just had three Yoga lessons. Already to put the leg other the arm was not the easiest thing...not to mention standing on both arms... well I will try this exercise again at home in my free time and see if I make any progress.

I honestly can't wait to go back to the gym this evening! I have no idea what I will do tonight, maybe some swimming as I didnt swim for quite a few days now. After that sauna accident, I am like scared to go to the pool area. I need to fight this phobia a little sauna will not kill me after the gym, but I need to learn my body's limits and not over do it.
I feel good because I feel like I am doing something really good for myself and my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment