Friday, October 25, 2013

Loving YOGA more and more!

Just came back from another awesome Yoga class! I took two classes this week and I am getting so much into it, I can't seem to get enough! I am doing some proper stretches and poses that I could only dream of a couple of weeks ago!
Yoga has really a magical discipline. Because of my back injury I wasn't able to bend my back for many years, or better I always avoided movements that involved back bending.
I am really surprised how quickly Yoga has activated these back muscles in me and how flexible I am becoming in such a short time!
Today we had a really nice class, where we did a few new poses that I never tried before.
Another girl and I were the only ones in the whole class to be able to do the Ustrasana, aka the Camel Pose!

Ustrasana, The Camel Pose


The first time I tried it I almost couldn't reach my ankles...then one hand managed to grab one ankle and I held in there so tight and quickly managed to get the other hand on the other ankle. Wow, it felt really good!
I just tried this pose at home and it suddenly felt easy! Much easier than I remember!
So yeah, I am getting there!
I feel really happy about this. Maybe soon I will take a few photos of myself doing the Yoga poses I have learned.
The gym is making me a lot stronger. Today I went to a store far away (about 30 mins walk) to get a vacuum cleaner. Back in the summer, when I wasn't trained I remember always feeling exhausted on the way back home from that store, with either pain in my feet or legs. Today I went down and carried the vacuum cleaner home which was in a big box all by myself, in the rain. In a normal situation back then I would have certainly freaked out at the thought of carrying a big box like that for a 30 min walk uphill, out in the rain etc. Today I felt tough like Michelle Rodriguez and carried it home without any help or complaining for that matter LOL! I was picturing the old me in my head wining : "My legs hurt, this box is too big and heavy, I am getting wet, I am cold, I hate this wind etc etc etc) and I was smiling at the thought of it....smiling because
 I am toughening up, which is really good!



No comments:

Post a Comment