Thursday, November 4, 2010

November: month of musical inspiration

Guys,
I don't know if it is the month of november with its darkness, its cold, its gloomy days...dont know if it is the fact my husband Amr is soon leaving and don't know when he is coming back, don't know if it's the pick of destiny or what, but let me tell you: musical inspiration has hit me with an unstoppable force!
I didn't have this much inspiration for YEARS...and I mean YEARS!
I keep writing awesome dark lyrics, coming out with amazing melodies and been working with my husband on guitar on some really cool riffs...
I see the Dreamlike Horror tracklist for the new album coming to life, track after track...we honestly have material for a whole album!
Nothing finished but we are working on many different songs and so far they all sound awesome! We have a few doom songs and some catchy ones (catchy but dark) which I plan on mixing with some electronic...not sure yet, this is just an idea...but in my head I already have in mind how I want it to sound like.
This album is going to be very different from "Delightful Suicides", different era, different me, different feelings...but it is still gonna be a dark masterpiece!
The dominant theme this time will be "Gothic Romance" entwined with "death" or better...the living dead!
I still think it would be really nice to collaborate with some other good musicians on this one, I really want the best for this album, I want to be 100% satisfied with everything and give my best...so maybe this time I should let more experienced hands take care of the production and not try to mix it and produce it by myself like last time...although Aphazel did a great job on his tracks.
I miss Aphazel's input in composing, I asked him several times if he wanted to continue with Dreamlike Horror but he is super busy and I don't think he will participate this time.
I will ask him again, don't want to give up on him, because honestly without Aphazel's touch it won't be the same. Although Amr's guitar style is excellent and he is bringing fresh ideas into the music. I love working with him. It is the first time we work together and we have a great synergy.
Well I will keep you guys posted...in the meanwhile I will keep myself busy composing and recording riffs at home
goodnight!
Your very own
DK Hayam Nour

2 comments:

  1. Salaam and Eid Mubarak!

    How r u? I hope all is well with u and ur family...

    Mahdi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mahdi!
    Nice to hear from you...I am not so good at the moment...I am far from my husband and waiting for the immigration to take a decision about his permit...hope they are going to approve it because I feel really bad without him.
    Hope all is good with you and yours inshAllah

    ReplyDelete