Sunday, December 12, 2010

It is a dry world we live in

Dry like a dead leaf fallen from its tree.
Waiting for time, wind and insects to disintegrate it little by little. Waiting for a foot to step on it and break it into smaller fragments.
You give and give and they are all ready to take...they take it all, all they can. And what is left for you? Nothing but sadness, that bitter feeling of never getting anything back, the realization that no matter what you do and how trustworthy you are, your efforts are never paid back. So much indifference, so much dryness of spirit and heart.
Sometimes I wish I was the only inhabitant of this world. I wish I was on a desolated island in the middle of a ocean, me being the only living creature, aside from trees, fruits and vegetables which would provide for my own nourishment.
Being this alone at least would ease the pain of being let down: at least there is absolutely no one but myself to count on. At least I would have only me.
It feels like I am always struggling alone, I am stuck into a situation where if it is not me fighting with teeth and claws to survive, noone comes to rescue or help, no one is in it with me. I am not satisfied of the life I lead right now.
I wish better for myself, I want better things, I deserve BETTER things.
But no one understands. I am alone. I am so alone in a sea of emptiness and indiffence.

No comments:

Post a Comment