Sunday, December 19, 2010

Things are going better, inshAllah

Alhamdulillah, after a long period of stress, I begin to feel better.
I am just loving the X-mass atmosphere...I can't wait to meet my parents and brother again. I miss them and I miss my country.
But I don't know why, every year I have a weird feeling about new year's eve.
When midnight strikes the usual feeling of discomfort takes over. I guess it is the fear of the unknown...of a new beginning ....we never know if the coming year will be better or worse than the year before...I really do not understand why would people celebrate the end of the year? Is it because they look forward to move on with their lives and they hope the new year will bring them good things?
I personally feel always sorry when a year ends...I get attached to it LOL
and for every new year's eve I am one year older!
Then again, maybe what we celebrate is that we are still alive, a little bit like a birthday...
still here, same old me, just a tiny bit older.
This 2010 has been good to me. I have done crazy things...I got married, I moved back to good old Sweden and brought my husband with me.
Talking of which, since he bought this new guitar, he has drawn a lot of attention.
He is a very good player and people begin to notice him. I am so glad.
It seems he maybe has found a metal band to join, let's see what happens.
He is really burning to play live...and he deserves the best, he is really good at what he does, he has a great stage presence, great skills and he lives and breathes metal.
He needs to get on a stage and show people what a good show is! He rocks!
He is so full of dreams...I have a feeling they will soon come true...I wish that to him, just like mine came true when I was more or less his age and now it is time for him to taste the same.
Lately I have re-discovered the pleasure of reading.
I have been reading a lot, especially at night, before going to bed.
It is such a good way to switch off from the world and forget about everybody and everything. I have been reading "L' isola del giorno prima" which in english is called " The island of the day before" by Umberto Eco, my favorite italian writer. An awesome book...philosophical, historical and just brilliant.
I really love his style...every sentence is so well written I just wanna clap my hands with admiration for every word I read...so well chosen...I even learned a lot from this book.
I have almost finished it now, next I plan on getting " Il Pendolo di Foucault" (english title: "Foucalt's pendulum"  from the same author. I heard it is a masterpiece!
I have no doubt and can't wait to read it.
Here is a cute picture of me I took today. I look so young on it I just love it. Alhamdulillah!

1 comment:

  1. Asalaam alaikum,

    It's good to see you smile again!

    Ma'a Salaam,
    Dawoud

    ReplyDelete