Thursday, September 19, 2013

Great disappointment!

 
Here, now I can say it...the mysterious video I shot earlier this summer for the famous unmentionable 90´s band was for PLACEBO. I can't tell you how I excited I was to see this video, every day I was looking on the internet and on their official page to see any sign of life...
they kept everything in great secret, they wouldn't even tell us the song title nor we got to hear the song. All we knew was it was going to be for one of the tracks of Placebo's new album "Loud like Love".
As I found out this morning by pure chance, the video was an alternative version of "Too many friends" which just got released in a special Deluxe edition of "Loud like Love".




Someone posted a muted version of the song on Youtube, to show the alternative video. As I watched it this morning my heart was beating fast with excitement but soon enough all joy turned into anger and frustration. Why? Because it seems ALL the scenes I was in got cut off! I could only see myself, or better a silhouette of myself for about 2 seconds and that was it!
I cannot believe I did this work for free, last minute call, was on set for 8 hours and spent 3 hours travelling to be in this video and I am basically nowhere to be seen! Not to mention the fact that they made us bring two different outfits and I kept changing for the different scenes...which I didn't mind because I thought I was going to be seen in the video and I wanted to look my best...what a disappointment...I am NOT going to do free work again unless I have a lead role!
I hate false promises...I hate the fact that they told us everyone present at the shot was going to be featured and of all the 12 actors present that day, only 3 got featured on the video and for a couple of seconds only.
Now, there may be many reasons for this, still I believe that out of respect for people's time, dedication and work, they should have kept us updated and told us what was going on as they promised instead of completely ignoring emails and texts and of course no payment as cherry on top!
What can I say, I am very bitter about this...but I learned my lesson, I will never do free work again, not unless I am heavily featured!
Here is the video by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment