Friday, October 8, 2010

Operation Heartbreak

What kind of world do we live in?
I am so upset, any effort I make trying to write a cheerful positive blog gets systematically aborted. A lot of negativity in the air, too much violence, too many crazy, terrible,  unconcievable things keep happenning and it is just impossible to ignore them.
I feel the need to scream, to speak out, to take out of me this unbearable weight which accumulated on my heart.
Mothers who kill their own baby and then try to attempt suicide, an unsuspectable uncle who murders his own 15 year old niece, then rape her corpse and throws her in a well...it is too much for me to take in...
this last episode happenned in Italy, I have been following this story for a while now...this sweet innocent girl, Sarah Scazzi, disappears from her home in august. A month and half later, her uncle suddenly finds her mobile phone in the country side ( in one of his land properties), he calls the police to tell them about his find, gives lots of interviews for tv where he brings himself to tears talking about his niece...saying that he feels she is dead, that he feels he is the one who has to find her just like he found her phone and everyone believes him. Now just two days ago after being questioned by the police for 10 hours straight he confesses the homicide. He says: "She refused me, so I approached her from behind in my garage and I strangled her with a string. Then I made love to her, after she was dead. I then carried her corpse on my vehicle, took her to the countryside where I burned her clothes, mobile and the string I killed her with and I threw her body in a well. If you want I can show you where she is".
Of all things one could say after reading this, the first thing that comes to mind is a simple word: Why?
There is no answer to that. Evil. Evil, maybe inspired by an uncontrollable sexual lust just took over. If we look at the man and hear him talk, he is not the kind of person that one should normally feel scared of. He looks like a plain normal middle aged uneducated man, who was described by those who knew him as a hard worker, a good person.
Someone who used to work from 4 in the morning in the fields until 9 in the evening, everyday, including sundays and holidays. A hard worker, a good person, someone unsuspectable.
Yet, for how hard it is to believe, he did that.
My husband always says to me that too much free time leads people to do bad things.
Maybe the fact this man was working everyday, all day in the field, says a lot about him.
It means his life was empty. There was nothing else for him to enjoy but work. He chose to work this much because nothing else would make sense of his day.
This is something dangerous. This is when the mind begins to play trick on you.
Not many people can be driven to such extremes, but in this case it happenned.
It happenned to someone who, according to those who knew him, never did anything wrong.
How can we protect ourselves from evil, from the evil inside us?
To have faith and believe in God and afterlife definitely does the job, but not all people are believers and sometimes even believers can go astray and do bad things.
I believe education, leading a healthy life, working out, affection and having a passion or some interests in life definitely is the key to keep one's mind occupied and healthy.
I pray Allah to protect me and my family and all the people I know from evil.
But it's everywhere and it comes out from all sides.
Sometimes I wish my husband and I would live far away from civilization ( but with all the comforts). I am scared of people, I dont trust them anymore.
My heart feels broken. Not only I was devastated by these stories I talked about in my last two blogs, today I even heard that my husband will have to be apart from me for sometime, due to immigration laws. Since I heard these news I feel like someone is trying to take the heart out of my body with a knife. I feel like a walking zombie and keep crying.
The one beautiful thing I have in my life, my love, my everything, my heart that beats and they want to take him from me.
InshAllah, hopefully it will only be for a short period. But I dont feel good. Everything is so uncertain, I am agitated and cannot breathe.
May Allah have mercy on me and on my husband and save us from heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment