Saturday, October 2, 2010

First blog...and happy shocktober everyone! :D

First blog on blogger that is!
I used to blog a lot on myspace and for a while I had over 100 followers...but those were the days when  myspace was still the coolest site around...before Twitter was invented and before Facebook slowly took over. I used to spend hours everyday on myspace writing blogs and bullettins, uploading photos and songs...it used to be really a great way to reach out to the world...to keep in touch with my fans and connect with other musicians.
Now I kind of hate it. I hate it for letting me down. That is for becoming a mere advertisement board, a true jungle, where artists and wannabes keep spamming all day long...one doesn't get noticed anymore...it just became a wild mess.
So when I got tired to log on just to read spam mail, that is when I switched to Facebook.
My Facebook is something more personal, I dont have a lot of friends on there. That is because I wanted to use it on a more personal level and that is why my privacy settings are quite strict on there.
So why did I decide afterall to open an account on Blogger?
Basically because I still feel the need to express myself somehow...
I have been hiding for a couple of years...had lost all interest in reaching out...I was living in my bubble, living a normal life, something that I had missed in my metal days with Ancient, where every move I was making was under public scrutiny and people used to gossip...a lot.
I had even closed my youtube account because I was so tired of reading silly comments on my looks from horny teenagers. Not that I am a sex bomb, but well, I used to get lots of annoying comments to the point I deleted all my vids and even closed the account. I regret it a little, because some of those videos were really cool and since my old computer got destroyed in a fire, I lost them all.
It is always like that when you go public.
Somehow after years of silence I still have lots to say.
I occasionally get e-mails from fans or just people who used to follow me on the net, wondering why they dont hear from me anymore...wondering how I am doing, wanting more blogs to read...so this is for them...and for myself.
And for any curious person who managed to read this boring introduction all the way to here.
Apart from all that, I just wanna wish everyone a happy and horrorific Shocktober!
Shocktober is a horror film festival that my old friend Kaiaphas who used to play in Ancient (my old band), now known as Dj Zhyn, has as tradition every year.
Basically during the month of october he watches horror and sci-fi films every single night until Halloween. Since this is just an awesome idea, my husband and I decided to associate us and do our own shocktober horror festival in our home.
We started last night with Resident Evil Afterlife at the cinema...we watched it in 3 D and I must say, it was really good. Not a masterpiece, but definitely a good watch.
I wonder what film we will watch tonight...? Maybe we will start Resident Evil from the beginning...from the first one. That's an idea.
Before I go, I leave you with an exilarating photo of my husband and I posing like nerds with our awesome 3 D glasses that we got at the movie theatre! LOL...goodnight boys!
And girls :)
/Hayam

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you reaching out again...and your blog is FAR from boring! I understand your apprehension to start this again but I feel you are a different place now and will attract a far difference crowd...look forward to reading more!

    ~~Brenda

    ReplyDelete