Sunday, October 16, 2011

That reading pleasure!

I really don't understand why the majority of the people I know (with the exception of some friends here in Sweden) doesn't read books. They prefer to drink to escape reality, when the easiest and healthiest solution to abandon this world and reach another dimension is just to pick a good book and have a nice read! Personally I love reading, although I don't do it as often as I wish as I tend to get caught up in many different things, like the internet for instance. I like the internet for some aspects as it is knowledge and communication with the outerworld in real time just a click away, but I also believe we dedicate way too much time to it each day. We are putting our computers and social networks in a dominant position, when in reality we should dedicate more time to the things and people around us.
As far as me I try to divide my day as good as I can, between work, housework (not that much though), sport, time for my beauty, time for my partner and of course internet. But almost everyday I need that hour or sometimes just half hour for me and my books, that one on one time when I am alone with myself and I can dream away and get absorbed by something that takes me away from reality and everyday life.
I used to be an avid reader when I was younger, when I didn't have a computer at home, before the internet.
Most of the books I read during my time in highschool, spending my free time reading and listening to music mostly...and of course going out with my teenage friends.
I am very grateful to my highschool teachers who made me love litterature and got me to read all the most beautiful and exciting novels of the masters of the international classic litterature, in particular the english, the french and italian authors. I am actually a big fan of  classic litterature, not too fond on modern authors actually, with the exception of Stephen King who writes beautifully and gives me the chills and has always been an inspiration to me.
At the moment I am reading "At the mountains of madness" by H.P. Lovecraft. Wonderful I must say. I almost read everything by Lovecraft, but this one I had never read before and I am very much into it at the moment. This book was actually a present that our ex room mate and friend Jimmy gave to Amr last Halloween, although Amr is not too fond on reading, in fact he prefers to play guitar, that is actually what he is doing right now as I am writing.


The book I am currently reading

I was just thinking that I should totally go on with the marvellous book I am writing. I cannot believe I still didn't find a cool title for it. I tend to get lazy, although I love writing so much, maybe even more than reading. I took a pause from my novel when my laptop crashed this summer, but fortunately I have the novel saved on my e-mail. I should actually print it and keep a paper version of it as well.
I really must buy a new computer or really repair my old one. I am not too fond of Amr's computer, which I am using now to write this blog. The keyboard is different from what I am used to and it begins to give some signs of over use, making it a bit difficult to type at times because it gets slow and sometimes it eats the letters.
This is a picture I took today with Amr...we were in such a unusual good mood!


Amr is so cute...he is so handsome, it's crazy.
Anyway to get back to Lovecraft...I remember being in Providence, Rhode Island, with Jake Raymonds and Tony Lazaro of Vital Remains back in 2001 and going to the graveyard where H.P. Lovecraft was buried. I remember standing by his grave, feeling right miserable and unpleasantly surprised by the simplicity of his tomb, nothing fancy, no flowers, nothing. It could have been anyone. The very same feeling I had when I saw Marylin Monroe wallgrave, a sad scenary really. But at least H.P. Lovecraft was in a lovely ancient cemetery, in his hometown Providence...the place where he lived most of his life.
Next time I am going to Italy I will try to find those pictures I took with Jake in the graveyard. I had a pretty cool one in black and white just hope these photo are still at my parents' house.
I also wonder how Jake is doing. Maybe I should look him up on FB, we didn't hear from each other for several years. He was a really good guy and nice person.
It's a period, as I may have mentioned before, that I feel like rebonding with valuable people of  my past. You know all those good friends that one doesn't understand why they have just stopped being in contact.
Yes, I think it is time for that. I got some of them back already and I intend to get more back into my life.
And to finish this blogpost tonight I must inform you that I actually lost one kg! Yay! The shakes worked.
And since I only had a shake for dinner, I leave you with this wonderful plate of gnocchi that I cooked the other day, which were absolutely delicious! Just to give myself the illusion of having eaten them tonight, instead of the shake...heheh I wish!


Potato Gnocchi with pesto, mushroom and olive filled tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment