Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Haunting



Oh my God!
I saw a lovely film the other night from 1963, The Haunting! I loved it!!
It was in black white, no special effects, filmed in a excellent location, it gave me the chills!! The actors were absolutely outstanding!
Here is the trailer:



I got so inspired I am really looking forward to work more with films, I crave to be back on the filmset! I truly have a passion for old films...in the past it was all about the plot, the psyche...they had no special effects so they had to rely on other things, such as finding the perfect location, building what needed to be built, suspence, drama, intrigues...
now film makers are running out of ideas, they keep copying each other or stealing from Asia, where fortunately creativity is always something vivid.
Not to mention all the remakes of old films that Hollywood is doing...nothing ever beats the original, in my modest opinion!
I am so dead tired of 3D films, of all these graphics they have to put everywhere in every flick they make...even music videos...it is all based on computer technology these days and nothing is real anymore.
Well let me tell you, this for me is a major turn off!
I prefer an old movie, in it's brilliant simplicity any day!
If you have the chance to watch THE HAUNTING from 1963 do it, you won't regret it! I would like so much to have it on dvd, I am so going to order it!
I am happy to say that I watched it alone in my living room, in the middle of the night and I actually got afraid a little...and I am not easily impressed...so this means that this film served its purpose! Thumbs up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment