Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Some new films I have seen so far in 2013

I go to the cinema very often, normally once a week, so I basically watch every new movie that comes out. I have seem lots of films already in 2013, but I must say the only one that I really LOVED and left me completely satisfied was the amazing: DJANGO UNCHAINED.


I was really looking forward to this film and Tarantino never ceases to impress me! I must say it takes some guts to expose the brutality of slavery for what it was, with finally a black hero who shoots the hell out of the slave master and associates! Right on!! Loved it! The acting was great...of course...Leonardo Di Caprio (one of my faves), Jamie Foxx, Samuel Jackson... amazing!
3 great hours which went by at the speed of light...I must say that as soon as I got home I was missing this film already and I wished I could watch it again on dvd! This is a must see and must BUY as soon as it comes out for sale.

Then again big actors doesn't necessarily mean great film. For instance CLOUD ATLAS was a big disappointment. Great effects, great actors, but the story? Too much going on and at the same time nothing really deep or too exciting. Had it been maybe one hour shorter, it would have been a bit better.
Read really bad reviews about this film, so I am not the only one who wasn't too impressed by it.


A film that was alright was MAMA. Nothing special to me as I have seen loads of horror films, especially asian films (which are the most thrilling in my eyes), so it felt like the "same old same old" story of children seeing demons, but I must admit I enjoyed it. Didn't have too great expectations, didn't get scared for a second, but for those who haven't seen too many horror films it may be a good film.  I must say that the little one of the two children starring in the movie was quite creepy.




The latest film I saw was HANSEL AND GRETEL WITCH HUNTERS. Entertaining but not brilliant...what made me laugh was the witches in the film...the main witch reminded me of myself during my time in Ancient! I have never seen such cool witches before, wearing black leather clothes and black metal face paint! LOL!! Hilarious. Also never seen witches doing martial arts and back flips like that....LOL!


Check the witch out! Taken directly from a black metal video or what? LOL


 

That is all for now, I leave you with a new photo of myself which I just took today, so you forget the witch above LOL

2 comments: