Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday's late breakfast and various thoughts

Man it is like 5 Pm and I am having coffee..it feels like I just woke up, or better I still didn't wake up properly although I have been up for a few hours. I don't understand why I feel so tired?
I am gonna fight this with a good work out at the gym, as soon as I finish this coffee.
Last night we went to Verket, the local punk venue and we saw two bands live, My Last Escape and Scumkill. It was cool, although of course after Pain, it is hard to find a band that can keep up with that level. Depending on musical tastes of course. I must say that at the moment Pain and Triptykon are my favorite bands, along with my old time favourite Satyricon.

Last night on the way out...cold so I had to put on my leather jacket!

Anyway, last night turns out that the guys in My Last Escape were shooting a video! And guess what, behind the camera there was Tonie, our friend and director of the film  we shot this summer "Alone".
I was there banging my head like crazy in the front row, so I guess you will be seeing me in the video!
I will definitely post it up once it is finished.

Tonie and I at Verket

Scumkill was really heavy. I really liked the bassist, who is actually a female, she had the attitude, the skills and the looks...nice! It made me feel like grabbing a bass and start grooving. Many of you may not know that when I was younger I was actually learning to play bass a little, had an acoustic bass which I borrowed from someone and stayed at my place for like 10 years or so. When I was in Egypt I was also training a bit with Amr. Bass is cool, but not as cool as guitar...wish I could play guitar so much. My dad is actually a decent guitarist, he was even in a band when he was young. The band was called Cherokee. But they never released anything .
I have been singing quite a bit these days as well, preparing my voice for a new Dreamlike Horror recording.
I have been so lazy with music, I hate when that happens. I guess it is just life sucking me in a sea of other things to take care of...but when you are a musician and you want that real bad, music has got to be the number one thing in your life and the only priority. I feel a bit embarassed that I put that huge part of me aside all these years. Amr is always on my ass because of that. The man's got a point.
I am quite happy because just a few days ago I found two old friends again on Fb, we haven't talk for like 10 years and we are so happy to be in touch again. I cannot wait to have a nice conversation with them to catch up with all these things that we have been doing all this time. This is the proof that when you really click with someone it doesn't matter how many years you stay without each other, life will bring them back into your life and affection is always there, no matter how many years of silence there were in between. I know you two will read this, probably, you know who you are...big hugs...and talk soon yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment