Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rockstad Falun festival rocked!

We just came back from a wonderful trip to Falun...one of those spontaneous trips arranged at the last second...or actually, the night before...I just love these things! We just threw some stuff in the car and went...Amr was superexcited and so was I... I really felt like doing something crazy, so we drove for like 10 hours ( with a few stops for eating and stretching our legs) and we made it down to the festival.




The first night I couldn't sleep at all...I was so tired but too excited to even sleep.
The day of the festival it was tremendously hot...it's like the hottest summer ever came all of a sudden and we weren't prepared for it!
Unfortunately I had boots on me and didnt bring any other lighter shoes, so my feet started to swell and it wasn't pretty LOL! But who cares anyway!
I met my friend Pizza again, after 6 years, that was nice.
We met Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy/Pain, who is actually Amr's idol since always and I must say that made our day.



Amr, Peter Tägtgren, me

Pain had an amazing show...the songs were very tight and the sound was great...plus they surprised us with lots of unexpected pyrotechnics, explosions, fireworks...not to mention the fact that the drums got on fire!!! That was totally awesome!!!
Peter is a genious and an amazing frontman. Total respect and admiration on our side.


Peter Tägtgren


Pain

Drums on fire!

Another band that totally rocked was the british band HELL.  They were fantastic, mesmerizing, very theatrical and dramatic...and they sure knew how to give a great show!!
The singer gave me shivers...honestly I will never forget their show!


Hell

Hell


Andy Sneap of Hell

I think many people who were at the festival didnt know this band, but they sure gained lots of new fans! I saw many jaws dropping watching Hell...they got us all hypnotized!
I wish I could see them again soon...
We also saw Scar Simmetry, Dream Evil and Helloween.


Dream Evil
Helloween really rocked! I am happy they still have it, after so many years...it has been like over 10 years since the last time I saw them!

Helloween

Helloween


Helloween

Andy Deris is a fantastic singer and he really knew how to entertain the public...I always preferred him to Kiske...Kiske, although he his voice is very beautiful, was only doing this extremely high pitch, which is typical of him...while Deris has more extension and variety in his vocals...had a warmer tone that I really love...although he doesn't reach the same pitch height as Kiske...
what can I say, I really loved Rockstad Falun and can't wait for next year festival!!

No comments:

Post a Comment